Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Will You Marry Me?

I read all the Bachelor websites and spoilers before I watched last night, but in this case I didn't believe them. As it got closer, I felt that Andy would pick Tessa over Bevin. I mean, let's think about this....he kept asking Tessa to "stick around", and to open up to him, and show him how she really felt. It was getting obvious that he "freakin' loves her", and wanted to propose to her. Ok, so he seemed to have a spark with Bevin, but that's all it was. She made him horny, but she is not the nurturing, sophisticated "navy wife" that he wants and needs.

Grandpa nailed that one on the head (uh, no pun intended - tee hee hee). He told Andy that "Bevin turns you on, but is that enough? What about 5 years, 10 years, etc. from now?" That made Andy stop and think about the two women left in his life. What was making him ask Tessa to stay? Why did he want her around? Why did he want Bevin around? What is life going to be like in 5 years, 10 years, 35 years (like his parents)? Is Bevin going to be the woman for him? It turns out, she is not.

Of course ABC magic editing doesn't show us everything, but Bevin never seemed quite right to me. I can't put my finger on it, but I wasn't surprised when he didn't choose her. I have to wonder if it was just editing or Bevin really didn't say anything to him the whole time he was telling her how wonderful she is, how beautiful she is, how he loves her and will never ever forget her. The fact that she was crying in the car on the way over makes me believe that she knew it wouldn't be her and that maybe she didn't want it to be her. I've never seen any of the last two ladies crying on the way there. I mean, look at Tessa. She looked as though she was about to vomit right there as she was walking with Chris. I thought for sure she was going to say "Excuse me a minute Chris", turn toward the bushes and just lose it (being very careful not to mess that pretty blue dress that she looks so great in - at least to Andy).

Tonight is the "After the Rose" episode and I can't wait to see if they have set a date or not. I didn't really miss the episode "The Women Tell All" but I do wonder why they didn't do one this year. That's just the 'ol gossip in me wanting to know if they would throw each other under the bus or not. I hope for Andy and Tessa that this is true and that the rest of their lives won't be awkward having met on a reality matchmaking show.

No comments: