Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Dancing with The Bachelor

On Monday night I attempt to watch Dancing With The Stars and The Bachelor. I say "attempt" because I can't bring myself to watch every minute of either one, but I am still hooked. The only stars I like to watch this time around are Apollo and Billy Ray. I got hooked on Apollo the first time I saw him in that tight skating bodysuit speeding around the track in the Olympics. And Billy Ray Cyrus is just sexy for a 45 year old. My daughter watches Hannah Montana non-stop on Disney so I get to see him quite often. And I don't mind it one little bit! He seems to be holding his own out there, but I think Apollo will take the prize. As he should!

The Bachelor is one of those shows that I got hooked on from the first season. I'm still amazed that this show is on the air. It's now in it's 10th season and I can think of 3 relationships that have survived from that show. Only one of them ended up in marriage (that I ever heard) - Trista and Ryan. This year they went with U.S. Navy Lieutenant Andy Baldwin, M.D. . Now he's not the sexiest man, and he seems a little nerdy, but there were 25 women just dying to meet him. Now he's narrowed it down to just 4 women, who get to take him home to Mom and Dad. From the previews it looks like the hometown date with Amber will be a bust. But we all know how the networks screw with us in the previews. They show just enough to keep you interested but always show things in a twisted way that makes us think one thing, when the truth is far from it. The year that Trista was the bachelorette I predicted that she would pick Ryan and that he would propose to her. No matter what ABC tried to with editing, they couldn't hide the fact that they were all over each other and in love. For this season, I started thinking a few weeks ago that Bevin was the one that he eventually picks, but now I'm thinking that Tessa is the one he fell in love with. He seems to have the attraction and comfortable relationship with each of them. I will be surprised if it doesn't come down to the two of them. I did notice that this year they are getting rid of the bachelorettes faster and the season is shorter. I guess ABC realized they don't need to drag it out. It seems most of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows end in a proposal, but for Andy, I truly hope he does find his true love.

No comments: