Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Cut Above The Rest


Ten minutes before Shear Genius was about to start last night my cable starting blinking. It would go to snow for a second, then back to the show for a second and back and forth like that. I wanted to scream, but didn't want to wake up everybody else in the house. Thank goodness it only lasted for about 2-3 minutes.

So Anthony is a cut above the rest. As he should have been based on last night's cuts. Of course, I would never expect anyone to pull of 3 models in 3 hours and I loved Vidal Sassoon telling Michael that he should try it. Priceless! Finally a judge who gets that these contestants are really put under a lot of pressure and time constraint. It seems that most of these shows where they are limited to a specific time and expected to get the end result perfect is not taken into consideration most of the time.

Anthony was one of my favorites from the beginning, along with Tabatha, Daisy and Danna. Dr. Boogie was fun to watch but he became too cocky and annoying during the photo shoot challenge. I thought the photographer was going to strangle him...I know I wanted to! I had hoped that Tabatha and Anthony would be battling out in the final three, but Tyson made sure she didn't make it that far. Although he didn't know that he would take Tabatha out with him.

Daisy seemed to bring something new and fresh to the challenges and she tried to do that with her "S" in each style last night. However, it turned out to be too much to do for 3 models in 3 hours. I agreed with the judges that she didn't need to color each model and she should have just done one or two. The pin curls were a good idea and probably would have looked fabulous had she had more time to perfect them.

Ben really grew on me over the course of the show. I didn't really care for him in the beginning as I didn't get the feeling that he was really comitted or was going to learn. Boy did he prove me wrong. Of everyone there I think he really improved and took chances. A perfect example was when Jaclyn asked him last night why he did an up-do when it isn't his forte. His answer was simply "because it's not my forte". BRAVO! (no pun intended) That is the mark of a man who is not afraid to take chances and will not be intimidated...by the judges, the competitors, the challenge, nothing. I didn't think he had it in him, but he really showed that he has it in him. I wish him luck and hope he goes on to be very successful.

Anthony now gets to go back to go back to his salon in California and [hopefully] use the $100,000 wisely. I guess it's a good that he isn't back in his hometown in England. At the current exchange rate 100,000 USD is approx 55,000 GBP. Ouch!

1 comment:

bozoette said...

I was really happy Anthony won, too. He did a great job on the three models. I thought Vidal Sassoon was a hoot -- "Shake your head for me, darling! Really shake it! That's brilliant!" LOL!