Thursday, May 3, 2007

Idol Cleans House

As I said in a previous post, I cannot watch the American Idol results show because it just takes too long for them to deliver the bad news. I watch something else and use the "Picture-in-Picture" feature on my TV to watch the action. Not hearing it helps with the angst of waiting to see who gets voted off. I don't usually put it on till the last 10 minutes, but decided to watch at about 9:20 or so. I saw Phil Stacy get voted off. While I wasn't his biggest fan, I didn't think he was terrible. There were much worse than him...dare I say the name Sanj...NNNOOOOOOOO, I can't say it! I won't say it! So I knew Phil's time was coming. He just hasn't improved and the last few weeks weren't good genres for him. I was so disappointed when Chris got voted off instead of Blake. I think he sounded like a fool with all his beat-boxing during "You Give Love A Bad Name". Well, Blake, you give singing a bad name! My goodness. If he recorded that and it played on the radio, I would think the DJ had a bad CD that was stuck! Chris sounded really good and I hope he gets picked up by a label. Yes, he is very comparable to JT (and I like JT), but JT could stand some competition. Chris, I will miss you!

One of the other reality shows that was on last night that I like to watch is Clean House on the Style Network. I just cannot believe that people actually live like that! Now my mother can be a pack rat, and doesn't do "the purge" as often as she should, but she in no way lives with things all over the place to where you can't see the floor, or move around, or eat on the table, or sit or even breathe! I have to wonder if some of these families throw all this stuff in the rooms just to have these reality makeovers. If I had that much junk in my house, I would do the same thing. I mean, my family room and kitchen need a serious makeover! And I wouldn't mind somebody coming in and doing our basement over. It's already finished but the previous owners put that prickly stucko on the walls! I like Clean House because Niecy also "gifts" things to people when they are having trouble letting go of their items. Heck, Niecy, come to my house...I can have trouble letting go of something in order to get new furniture for my family room, or a new bed in the basement for my mother to sleep on when she visits. I have no problem causing a stink when you try to sell something in the yard sale that I absolutely MUST keep. The problem is that my husband and I do "the purge" at least once a year, so we don't have items like that. The other problem is that Niecy only goes to families in the LA area. Until such time as I can figure out how to to Niecy to my house to "gift" me items, I will have to figure out another way to get a free makeover for one or more of my rooms.

No comments: