Friday, April 27, 2007

We found it in his bag

I have been watching Survivor since the first day it was on CBS. I fell in love with it and have watched every season. There have been some really good seasons and some that were OK, and I don't even remember the winner or runner-ups at this point. I still remember everyone from the first season. I have my opinions on Richard Hatch but I will not dare to elaborate on those.

Instead, I will speak of last night's episode. Whoa Nelly! Mookie and Alex went through Yau Man's bag! (Which is where they found the immunity idol) Dude, that is just sooooo wrong on every level. I understand they are all there playing a game, but to go through someone's personal bag is NOT "outwitting" OR "outplaying". I ws so happy that the others in that alliance were more upset over the guys going through Yau Man's bag than the fact that they didn't know he has the idol. Mookie and Alex tried to pull one over on Yau Man and he stood his ground! Good for him!

Then at Tribal Council Mookie tried to call out Yau Man in front of Jeff. Jeff's reaction to "We found it in his bag" was priceless. Again, Jeff was more shocked at that part than the fact that Yau Man has the idol. I often wonder if Jeff comes up with his own questions/comments or if he is coached before he goes out there on what to ask. He doesn't seem privy to anything that has happened the 3 days prior unless it happened when he was with the contestants for challenges. There have been quite a few mentions of "Rats and Snakes" when the contestants refer to each other during tribal council. I don't remember so much mention since the very first season when Sue Hawk snarled "This island is full of, pretty much, only two things - snakes and rats. And in the end of Mother Nature, we have Richard The Snake, who knowingly went after prey; and Kelly, who turned into the rat that ran around like rats do on this island, trying to run from the snake."


I was actually surprised to see Alex vote for Mookie, but Mookie not vote for Alex. I would have expected it from Mookie before Alex. Mookie seemed like a bigger back stabber, but then Alex IS an attorney and is right at home in shark infested waters. As you can see, I don't care for Alex...I mean, he doesn't even have the cute thing going on.

I would love to be on Survivor but I don't think I could get past the eating challenge(s), sleeping on leaves, the bugs, the snakes, having to use the bathroom in the middle of nowhere, the bugs, the snakes, starving, thirst, the bugs, the snakes, never changing my clothes and oh yeah, did I mention the bugs and the snakes?

1 comment:

bozoette said...

The bugs alone would keep me off that show, never mind the snakes. SNAKES! AUGH!