Thursday, April 26, 2007

Idol gives Back

So what can I say about the show last night? I don't like to watch the weekly results show because I don't want to sit through the agony of waiting to see who is voted off. On top of that I can't stand that they make the person who was voted off sing one more time. How do they expect someone to sing when they've just had the rug pulled out from under them? Seriously!

I sat down to watch last night since it was the "concert" for Idol Gives Back. My cable started having problems and the picture was all messed up for the first 30 minutes. I decided to go back for a little while but just wasn't all that interested in the performances. See, I don't feel that you need to have a concert so that people can donate. The stars don't need to give their time to a concert, they just need to give their money. Idol has been promoting this enough that all they have to do is ASK people to go to the Idol website and donate. Why do we have to be bribed with a concert to donate to a good cause? I donate without listening to a concert. I'm selfish in the way that if I am at a concert, it is for my enjoyment, and not because it's an incentive to donate.

As for the results...HOW HOW HOW could that do that to poor Jordin! If I was her, I would have a coronary right there on the stage! Then how would they feel? I still don't understand how Chris and Jordin were in the bottom. Phil has been good in the last few shows, but I don't think he can hold it up there with the likes of Melinda, Jordin and Chris. If you haven't guessed it by now, I DO NOT like Blake. I think he has such a monotone voice with no feeling. I don't understand where the judges said that he sang John Lennon's classic with feeling. He was putting me to sleep. All I could think was "How dare he sing a master like John Lennon like that". I think the judges were supposed to be supernice this week because of "Idol Gives Back". I've never heard Simon be so positive to everyone in one show, ever!

Now we have to wait another week for the results. I still like Idol because I think Ryan really lightens things up and is a good host. Some of the tit for tat between him and Simon go a little far, but for now Idol still has my interest.

No comments: