Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My First Blog

I have a blog! Wow, I can't believe it. My first time blogging. I've commented on other people's blogs, but never had my own. So why do I have a blog now? Why after years of posting comments and reading others, do I have one? It all comes down to one reason.... Peer Pressure. That's right, I caved in to peer pressure. No, not from my fellow bloggers, but from my friendly co-workers. See, I have been having these conversations with my friends at work and we get to talking about TV and how I have turned into a media junkie. More specifically, a Reality TV junkie. We get to talking about the reality shows I watch and I of course give my unsolicited opinions. Many times it has been suggested that I have my own TV talk show to "give my opinion". Then the idea of a blog came up. With the help of those peer pressure firendly co-workers, I decided to blog about the reality TV shows I watch.

Now, I'm not one to blog every day and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to keep it up, but I am going to give it my best. So for my first entry...oh wait, I've already started my first entry. LOL Ok, so I'll keep this one short...I think.

Last night I was surfing the onscreen TV Guide that came with my new 47" flat sceen TV. I saw that ESPN2HD was showing the Met-Rx 2006 World's Strongest Man Competition. I LOVE watching it. I just think it's amazing how men from all over the world lift these objects (like a car) to win the title of Worlds Strongest Man. What hooked me even more last night was that there were 2 Americans fighting for the title. I hadn't seen a WSM where an American had won. Granted I have only watched for the last 5 years or so. Anyway, it came down to Mariusz Pudzianowski from Poland (I did that without looking it up folks), Phil Pfister from the US and Don Pope from the US. The announcers were saying that it was 24 years since an American won the title. So I was glued to the TV to see if Phil could pull it off. It looked hopeful but it would not be by a landslide. By the final event, Phil had closed to 1 point behind Mariusz. The Atlas Stones was last. They have to pick up different size/weight stones and place them on a platform. The men were neck and neck and then on the last stone Phil got his stone up there within a second or two before Mariusz had his settled. USA brings it home!

So there you have it. My very first blog about my Reality TV addiction. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Herr Adler said...

Hey Queeny! CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

You know even though I am not a reality TV junkie....I must admit, this is entertaining.

Now go put on some high heels!

bozoette said...

Don't forget to cover the Lumberjack competition!! (And thanks for the links!)