Monday, September 17, 2007

Kim IS the next Design Star!

America voted and the results are in ... Kim is the next design star. I voted every day and was hoping that my votes would help her. Apparently it did. I am thrilled that she won because not only is she the best at hosting, but she is the kind of designer that will listen to people and really give them what they want. I liked Todd's designs, but they are just "too much" and his personality is just over the top for a TV show. You have to remember that this was for a TV show and not that the person is the best designer. The person winning this needs to be able to be on TV, entertain the audience, give good design tips, listen to what the people getting the design want, and being able to present it and make it happen. I really think Kim is the person to do that.

I was so nervous watching the show last night, but when they announced that it was Kim, I jumped out of my seat. I was so happy! I'm so glad that America got to vote and it wasn't all left up to the judges. I personally don't think Todd should have been in the final two, but then again, if Will or Josh Sparkle was standing next to Kim in the end, I'm not so sure that she would have won. Will needs to be better on hosting his own show, but he could learn that. Though this series went much faster than most other competition shows (like Top Chef or Top Design, etc.) I think I preferred it not be drawn out and take forever to get a winner.

I can't wait to see what Kim's show will be and will definitely set my DVR if I am unable to watch it when it is on. Congrats Kim - you totally deserve it!

No comments: