Sunday, July 8, 2007

It's Back!


My favorite show of the summmer is back: Big Brother 8. And there are some exciting new twists and turns already! Having 3 of the houseguests living with their "enemies" is just the first cool twist. First we have Joe and his gay ex-lover Dustin, then there is Carol with her ex-best friend Jessica from High School, and last there is Daniele who hasn't spoken to her father Dick for over 2 years.

The 3 "enemies" sat in the HOH (Head of Household) room watching all the action while the 11 other house guests talked about themselves.

Joe and Dustin are going to keep the fireworks flying as each of them accuses the other of something. Joe "claims" that Dustin gave him gonorrhea. Dustin of course sat in the HOH room and denied any of that, so I am not sure who to believe. My first impression of Joe is to not believe him. Especially based on the fact that he admitted to totally destroying Dustin's life after the breakup. I didn't get enough air time of these two to be sure who is lying and who is telling the truth. Either way, these two are going to heat up the screen and not in the usual way we see heat on Big Brother .

Carol and Jessica seem to have argued over the most frivolous things and if the $5 fight is the only thing that broke them up then they weren't really in a friendship, now were they. I have a best friend of over 28 years and I certainly wouldn't let $5 get in the way...not even when I was in high school. Carol seems to have an evil side, and Jessica just seems to flighty. I have a feeling that Jessica is the one that can't let things go, but we'll have to wait and see what comes about on this one.

Daniele and Dick don't really have a story that a lot of other people haven't had or currently have. Daniele says that Dick is more like a friend to her than a father, but that he is a mean friend and she doesn't need any mean friends. So it doesn't sound [yet] like it's anything earth shattering other than she just doesn't want him in her life. I mean, we saw coming attractions of her actually talking to him and saying that she'll help him if he helps her. I am saving my opinions on this one till I see more, but for now it seems like it might not be as entertaining to watch these "enemies" as the other ones. I'm still rooting for Joe and Dustin to keep things hot. I just hope neither one of them gets nominated or evicted too early.

So now Kail is the HOH and will have to nominate two people for eviction. Of course the Power of Veto will come into play, but we'll discuss that at a later time. She has stated that if one of her kids came to them and said they were gay that she would be devastated or something to that affect. So I wonder now how she is going to do with living in the house with 2 gay men who are ex-lovers and are fighting all the time. Will she nominate one of them? Or will she be afraid to show that side and not nominate them. She was so happy that she won HOH, but being the first HOH is not the best. Who she nominates will have a vendetta for the rest of the game and will hold it against her. Eric was smart to try to throw the competition, but as we found out he was probably doing it because he is America's Player.

Ah yes, the second new twist of the season. Eric will be taking direction from America on how to play the game. Now this will only work as long as he can keep himself from getting nominated and evicted. He is going to have to play twice as hard, be twice as cunning, and stay in the house! I want to see Eric go a long way just because I want to see what America has him do while in the house and IF he can pull it off. His incentive is winning money for every task he completes. Come on America, throw some really hard stuff at him!

Tonight is the nominations and I can't wait to see what Kail is going to do. I recorded one of the "Big Brother After Dark" episodes and the beginning was so boring I turned it off after 20 minutes. It's 3 hours long so I have to find time to watch it. I know there are a lot of exciting things happening outside of the 1 hour they edit for us 3 times a week, but I guess it's just too early in the season.

No comments: