Thursday, October 4, 2007

The tile of "Top Chef"

So Hung pulled it out in the end and received the title of Top Chef. He wasn't as hated as Marcel in Season 2 even though he is very good friends with Marcel. I don't know what it was about Marcel exactly, but he was just not a likeable guy. He also didn't seem to cook as good as Hung, and I was quite surprised Marcel made it to the final two. But, back to Hung....he is a very good chef which didn't really come out as well in the challenges and I think it was really the time crunch that got to him. He said he like to cook in the moment, see the ingredient and make something from there, but he has so much going on in his head, he needs time to sort it out and know what he is really going to do. The challenges where he finished early he forgot one thing (one time it was the lemon for the fish - how can you forget that!), but the rest of the dish was perfect. He doesn't like the time limitation and he wants to be better than the rest of them that he gets a little cocky.

Unlike Marcel, he did seem to get along better with his competitors. I think he just has a better personality. I can say that I pretty much knew that they weren't going to pick Casey and the people that texted her to win just wanted the first female Top Chef. She seems to do well when it is just one dish in a challenge, but when it's a whole meal, she just can't pull it through. Though I do have to say that I don't think it was fair to any of them to have the finale in Aspen. They were at a disadvantage with the elevation (11,200-something feet), so that changes the way you cook and what you have to do. I understand they want to make the challenges harder, but if these chefs don't cook in this altitude on a regular basis, then it isn't fair to have their final meal cooked there. I'm sure chefs who cook in that altitude have to take time to learn how.

So now they are going to be working on getting chefs for season 4. One thing they need to do is take a lesson from shows like HGTV Design Star. That show wasn't drawn out for weeks and weeks and weeks. Top Chef needs to have more double eliminations and it would be more worthwhile to watch. By the finale I didn't really care who won, but I guess I was still rooting for Hung. I'm glad he won. Good job!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.